1. Clear large space on table for wrapping present.
2. Go to closet and collect bag in which present is contained, and shut door.
3. Open door and remove kitten from closet.
4. Go to cupboard and retrieve rolls of wrapping paper.
5. Go back and remove kitten from cupboard.
6. Go to drawer, and collect transparent sticky tape, ribbons, scissors, labels, etc. . .
7. Lay out presents and wrapping materials on table, to enable wrapping strategy to be formed.
8. Go back to drawer to get string, remove kitten that has been in the drawer since last visit and collect string.
9. Remove present from bag.
10. Remove kitten from bag.
11. Open box to check present, remove kitten from box, replace present.
12. Lay out paper to enable cutting to size.
13. Try and smooth out paper, realize kitten is underneath and remove kitten.
14. Cut the paper to size, keeping the cutting line straight.
15. Throw away first sheet as kitten chased the scissors, and tore the paper.
16. Cut second sheet of paper to size – by putting kitten in the bag the present came in.
17. Place present on paper.
18. Lift up edges of paper to seal in present. Wonder why edges don’t reach. Realize kitten is between present and paper. Remove kitten.
19. Place object on paper, to hold in place while tearing transparent sticky tape.
20. Spend 20 minutes carefully trying to remove transparent sticky tape from kitten with pair of nail scissors.
21. Seal paper with sticky tape, making corners as neat as possible.
22. Look for roll of ribbon. Chase kitten down hall in order to retrieve ribbon.
23. Try to wrap present with ribbon in a two-directional turn.
24. Re-roll ribbon and remove paper, which is now torn due to kitten’s enthusiastic ribbon chase.
25. Repeat steps 13-20 until you reach last sheet of paper.
26. Decide to skip steps 13-17 in order to save time and reduce risk of losing last sheet of paper. Retrieve old cardboard box that is the right size for sheet of paper.
27. Put present in box, and tie down with string.
28. Remove string, open box and remove kitten.
29. Put all packing materials in bag with present and head for lockable room.
30. Once inside lockable room, lock door and start to re-lay out paper and materials.
31. Remove kitten from box, unlock door, put kitten outside door, close and relock.
32. Repeat previous step as often as is necessary (until you can hear kitten from outside door)
33. Lay out last sheet of paper. (This will be difficult in the small area of the toilet, but do your best)
34. Discover kitten has already torn paper. Unlock door go out and hunt through various cupboards, looking for sheet of last year’s paper. Remember that you haven’t got any left because kitten helped with this last year as well.
35. Return to lockable room, lock door, and sit on toilet and try to make torn sheet of paper look presentable.
36. Seal box, wrap with paper and repair by very carefully sealing with sticky tape. Tie up with ribbon and decorate with bows to hide worst areas.
37. Label. Sit back and admire your handiwork, congratulate yourself on completing a difficult job.
38. Unlock door, and go to kitchen to make drink and feed kitten.
39. Spend 15 minutes looking for kitten until coming to obvious conclusion.
40. Unwrap present, untie box and remove kitten.
41. Go to store and buy a gift bag.