* Give away all you like, but keep your bills and your temper.
* Good luck beats early rising.
* The believer is happy, the doubter is wise.
* You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.
* If you get a reputation as an early riser, you can sleep till noon.
* It’s no use carrying an umbrella if your shoes are leaking.
* Praise the young and they will flourish.
* A trade not properly learned is an enemy.
* Put silk on a goat, and it’s still a goat.
* When the liquor was gone the fun was gone.
* Time is a great story teller.
* A friend’s eye is a good mirror.
* Even a small thorn causes festering.
* A drink precedes a story.
* Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.